Customers went in to a Chipotle Mexican Grill in west end Dallas recently. Much to their surprise, a rat fell from the ceiling not far from where they were sitting. They noticed more rodents on the floor and decided it was time to leave.
Daniela Ornelas described the encounter, “I just kept wondering what it was, and I kept looking around until I looked at the floor, and I saw three rats, and I ran.”
Chipotle responded with a statement:
“This is an extremely isolated and rare incident and certainly not anything we’d ever want our customers to encounter.”
“We learned yesterday that mice got into a restaurant, and we immediately contacted professionals who identified a small structural gap in the building as the likely access point. We’re having it repaired. Additionally, we reached out to the customer to make things right.”
Sorry, it doesn’t matter what you do! It’s highly unlikely that the customers who saw the rodents will ever come back!
1st Chipotle had the E.Coli outbreak, then in Texas there were rats falling off the ceiling on customers, now norovirus! WTF why eat there?😖
— Jacqualine N. Ebule 🇺🇸🇳🇬 (@JackieEbule) July 20, 2017
Biz Pac Review reports:
Customers fled a Chipotle Mexican Grill in Dallas when it appeared rats began to rain down on them from the ceiling.
Diners caught video and photos of the unwanted rodents which they claimed fell from the ceiling on Tuesday. The rodents were crawling on the floor and climbing up the wall of the chain’s West End location.