Police busted into a home where they got reports of a meth lab. What they found inside shocked and horrified them.
Lucas Barnes and Kathleen Peacock are under arrest after the death of their two year old child. The small toddler was left entirely alone in a room with a space heater for 36 hours, while the parents were on drugs, ignoring his cries. The child overheated and died.
An autopsy revealed that the child was already malnourished before he was placed in the room. He also had not eaten for two days prior to his death.
Not only did the police find that the house was disgusting and uninhabitable, they also found that the child had already been dead for a short time.
More on this tragic story from AmericaNow:
When paramedics arrived at the scene, the boy had been devised for a while. Peacock later said that she heard noises from the boy’s room and knew she should have checked on him but did not. The trailer where the couple lived was reportedly in uninhabitable condition.
“This is a sad example of people who are incapable of being a parent to a child,” Lohmar said. “The sad part is that the community has resources for people like this. We’ve got the crisis nursery, we’ve got other resources available for people who are overwhelmed, who are incapable of providing for their child. Sadly, it takes cases like this, perhaps, to remind people that those resources are out there waiting to be used.”
The trailer, Lohmar said, included dirty dishes and feces throughout.
“I’d love to tell you this is the worst case we’ve ever seen, but it’s not,” he said. “We see things like this with some degree of regularity, unfortunately, and it typically follows a similar pattern, so this is as sad as any of those.”
Peacock, who is pregnant, has previous charges against her for child endangerment after she drove under the influence with a child in the car.
The probable cause statement stated that the trailer was being used to make methamphetamine.