Arnold Schwarzenegger has been tweeting about ‘New Celebrity Apprentice’ and his reasons for leaving the reality TV show once hosted by Donald Trump. He claims Trump was the reason he had to leave. But, the President claims the ex-governor of California was FIRED.
According to President Donald Trump, the actor was fired from this show because he brought in pathetic ratings as its host. His response to Schwarzenegger’s allegations came via Twitter, early Saturday morning, after the 69-year-old action hero blamed his departure on the president.
“Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t voluntarily leaving the Apprentice, he was fired by his bad (pathetic) ratings, not by me. Sad end to great show.”
However, Schwarzenegger told a different story on Friday in an interview with Empire. He explained that the show simply couldn’t bring the the support it needed from viewers and sponsors, because Trump was connected to it. So, there was nothing the actor felt he could do, except bow out gracefully.
“I learned a lot, I had a great time, it was a really great opportunity,” Schwarzenegger said. “But under the circumstances I don’t want to do it again. It’s not about the show.”
“When people found out that Trump was still involved as executive producer and was still receiving money from the show, then half the people started boycotting it,” he added. “Even if asked, I would decline. With Trump being involved in the show people have a bad taste and don’t want to participate as a spectator or as a sponsor or in any other way support the show.”
“It’s a very divisive period now and I think this show got caught up in all that division,” he continued.
The two have been embroiled in a feud ever since Trump asked for prayers for Arnold to improve the ratings during the National Prayer Breakfast last month.
Arnold has since responded to the president’s comment that he was “fired” for bad ratings.
“You should think about hiring a new joke writer and a fact checker,” Schwarzenegger tweeted.