Firefighters were stunned at the voracious spread of the tragic fire at a London apartment complex that killed women and children on Wednesday morning.
Now, experts are saying that a pervasive liberal movement might be to blame – green energy rules.
The building’s cladding, or exterior insulation, was added to the location in 2015 as part of the “renewable energy” push, in hopes of increasing energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gases.
But the cladding created a chimney effect through which the fire rapidly spread, overwhelming residents with heat and smoke and not allowing rescuers to get far into the building.
“I have never seen a fire that has engulfed an entire building like this in a career of more than 30 years,” Matt Wrack, chief of the London Fire Brigades Union, said today.
Reportedly, building residents and local engineers have warned about the cladding’s fire-hazard effects for years to no avail.