A 5-year-old in Ohio has actually saved the lives of his parents and baby sister by walking two blocks to a family member’s house and calling the police, after his parents had overdosed on heroin.
He knocked on his step-grandfather’s door and told him that his parents were dead. The grandfather was able to rush to the house with the boy and call for help.
The parents are in police custody now.
Mr Currey, the grandfather, told WLWT: “I’m very proud of the boy, very proud of him, but it’s just tragedy.” He had found his other grandchild, a months-old girl, strapped to a car seat, despite being indoors.
Both parents were passed out on the floor when they got there.
The Daily Mail has more:
Currey called 911, and police revived the couple, with Marshall requiring 14 doses of Narcan to bring her back to consciousness.
It happened at 5.30am yesterday morning in Middletown, Ohio.
Middletown police Chief Rodney Muterspaw branded the boy a hero, and called on heroin users to take note of the case.
He told WLWT: ‘People that are doing this, you’re not just hurting you, you’re hurting your families and your kids. I mean this could’ve turned out really bad for two children that don’t deserve it.’
Lee and Johnson, who the police chief said acted like it wasn’t a big deal when they were revived, have been charged with two counts of endangering children and one of disorderly conduct with heroin.
Their children are being looked after by other family members.