A 16-year-old girl was found dead in a Starbucks bathroom in Port Moody, Canada. An employee went into the bathroom to see what was going on when they found the girl. They called in the authorities to try and revive her, but it was too late. Then they saw what was next to her.
The girl’s bag was next to her, and it in was drugs and paraphernalia. The girl’s mother believes she overdosed on fentanyl, which the girl was addicted to. However, the medical examiner has not yet determined the exact cause of death.
“My best friend, my daughter, my sweetheart baby … I will never stop missing you,” the mother wrote on Facebook. “My heart won’t stop breaking.”
AmericaNow has more:
According to Veronica, Gwynevere had been struggling with substance abuse for some time. Prior to her death, she told her mother she had stopped using for three weeks.
“I’ve quit, so I’m OK now, Mom,” Veronica recalled Gwynevere saying. “It was calling out her name, and so she thought, ‘One more time.’ The one more time was the very last time.”
Veronica says she looked into putting Gwynevere into rehab, but the wait lists for public clinics are too long and she could not afford a private clinic.
“If I don’t have $50,000 available, then they are not something I can use as a resource,” she told CBC.
“The whole world is missing out on a born entertainer,” Veronica continued. “Either that, or a future politician.”
Veronica says she wants to see more done to get drug dealers off the streets and to provide rehabilitation to those in need.