Some say Susan Rice misled the American public as the National Security Advisor under the Obama Administration, when she appeared on national TV to talk about the Benghazi attacks. Whether that’s true or not, she is once again speaking publicly. This time, it about Trump and what she calls his “false statements.”
In a Washington Post publication, Rice lectured President Trump for the claims he’s been making in recent weeks. He insists that not just the Obama Administration, but former President Barack Obama himself, wiretapped his Trump Tower offices during the 2016 presidential campaign.
Susan Rice wrote:
The foundation of the United States’ unrivaled global leadership rests only in part on our military might, the strength of our economy and the power of our ideals. It is also grounded in the perception that the United States is steady, rational and fact-based. To lead effectively, the United States must maintain respect and trust. So, when a White House deliberately dissembles and serially contorts the facts, its actions pose a serious risk to America’s global leadership, among friends and adversaries alike.
The American public, politicians, stars, the media, even Twitter users have asked The President to produce evidence that Obama bugged his offices at Trump Tower. So, in the light of no evidence, most believe these are false statements. Trump has also accused British intelligence services of the same thing, with no evidence.
But, many say Susan Rice is the “least-qualified Obama official” to call the Republican President out.
The Daily Caller reports:
Rice is perhaps best known for her appearances on five Sunday talk shows on the morning of Sept. 16, 2012, five days after Muslim terrorists killed four Americans in attacks on U.S. compounds in Benghazi.
In the now-infamous interviews, Rice, who then served as ambassador to the UN, said that the attacks were spontaneous and not pre-planned. She also asserted that the catalyst for the attacks was a YouTube video criticizing the Islamic prophet, Muhammad.
“Based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present, is in fact it began spontaneously in Benghazi, as a reaction to what had transpired hours earlier in Cairo, where of course as you know there was a violent protest outside of our embassy, sparked by this hateful video,” she said in one of the interviews.
“We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or pre-planned,” added Rice.
It emerged in the months and years after the attacks that the Obama administration, including the Hillary Clinton State Department, knew soon after the attacks that they were pre-planned and that the video played no role in the onslaught.