The leftist press is full of speculation that President Trump is going to be impeached sometime in the next few months, but it’s not going to happen.
Here are five solid reasons why it’s not going to happen as outlined in The Daily Wire.
- There is no evidence that the President has committed an impeachable offense. The bar for impeaching a President is high and requires a lot more than the hazy recollection of a fired government employee.
- The Republicans won’t impeach a Republican President even if they may dislike Trump.
- Vice President Pence is much more of true conservative than is Trump and Democrats who may not like Trump, would be even more scared of Mike Pence.
- Polls show that a solid majority of the country does not believe Trump has done anything illegal.
- Democrats are simply playing politics and the talk about impeachment is really about their hopes of winning back the House of Representatives in 2018.