Tyranne Beckless, a 4-year-old Oklahoma boy was discovered dead by paramedics in his parents home, likely of an opioid overdose. He was living in the house with two other children, who were found in shock after the baby’s death.
It was the other children who noticed there was something wrong with Tyranne. One of the boys said he fell asleep with his brother and then during the night, his brother “felt like ice cream”. That’s when parents called in the police.
Police are not sure as to how the child got the opioids in his system yet, but they are conducting a full investigation and both parents have been arrested.
AmericaNow has more:
The overdose, the Medical Examiner’s Office stated, was caused by either prescription pain pills or heroin. Two people in the household were arrested, and the boy’s death is under investigation.
“Often times, it is the legally prescribed medications that were given to a family member or relative that are found or given accidentally to a child,” Kuehnel said. “So make sure you’re not medicating them with someone else’s medications, or sharing medication in any way.”
“Tragedy — a senseless death. A tragedy not only for the child, but for the parents. If you know somebody who would be dealing with addiction and they do have kids, question them right away,” licensed counselor Ken Hartenstein told WITI. “Some of these drugs out there are powerful enough to kill a fully-grown adult. A young child, absolutely, it’s quite a danger.”
Many readers blamed the boy’s parents for his death regardless of how the drugs were obtained.
“The adults who were in the home should be behind bars for a long time,” one Mad World News reader commented on the site’s Facebook page.
“Its sad how someone could do this to a little child. These people should get real justice eye for an eye!” another added.