Police have released the last text message sent by a 14-year-old Texas girl before she died of electrocution in her bathtub, KSAT reports.
Madison Coe died last week after bringing her phone into the bathtub.
Her last text said “When you use [an] extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you’re in the bath.”
The text, sent to a friend, included a photo of the cord placed on towels near the tub.
Her family hopes releasing the text will help raise awareness and prevent similar tragedies.
“(Coe’s parents) hope this will raise awareness of the dangers that combination of electricity, water and portable electronic devices can pose to people, especially teenagers, who are the heaviest users of these devices,” Lovington Police spokesperson David Miranda said in a statement.
Police say Coe died after touching a frayed part of the extension cord that had water in it.