If you want to feel your age, then check out this list of pop culture moments that are turning 10 this year from BuzzFeed News and see if you can remember what you were doing when these made the news.
- The Sopranos ended its epic run on HBO with an ending that still leaves people wondering what happened.
- Pop icon Britney Spears shaved off her hair in what marked a turbulent year for the pop star.
- Lindsay Lohan celebrated her 21st year by going to rehab, being arrested for DUI and going to jail.
- Don Imus called the Rutgers University women’s basketball team “nappy-headed hoes and jigaboos.”
- Knocked Up and Superbad by Judd Apatow hit the box office.
- The last Harry Potter book was released.
- Paris Hilton was sentenced to 45 days in jail for DUI.
- Anna Nicole Smith died of drug overdose.
- The O.C. ended its run and Gossip Girl premiered.
- Miss Teen USA made history with her response to the question “Why do you think one-fifth of Americans can’t locate the United States on a world map?” Her answer:
“I personally believe US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don’t have maps, and I believe that our education, such as in South Africa and the Iraq, everywhere, like, such as — I believe our education over here in the US should help the US, I mean should help South Africa, and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future.”