Now that former FBI Director has finished testifying before Congress, there are some takeaways that can be gleaned from his testimony. The Orange County Register put together a list of ten key things we learned:
- Comey really like being the FBI Director and was angry about being fired.
- He did not say that President Trump lied about Russia.
- Comey has an unusually high opinion of himself.
- Comey wanted a special prosecutor named and was willing to leak to the press to get one.
- Senators didn’t do their homework and missed some key questions.
- There were false news stories about the involvement of Trump’s team with the Russians.
- Comey came across as being intimated by President Trump.
- The real threat of the Russian interference in the election has gotten sidetracked by the desire to ‘get’ Trump.
- There is not enough evidence to prove that the President violated any laws.
- Trump can stay off Twitter if he has to as he proved by not tweeting during Comey’s testimony.
At the end of the day, Mr. Comey revealed more about himself than he did about President Trump.