The Liberty Township Tea Party was questioned by the IRS. Here is what Carol Greenberg said:
As many of you know, the IRS issued an apology for targeting “tea party” and “patriot” groups. We within the Liberty Township Tea Party are painfully aware of these intrusive actions. Click this link and download a PDF to see the type of questions that were demanded of us to answer. We are working with local Senators and Representatives of Congress as well as seeking legal council to make sure this is brought to justice.
They were asked to respond to several exhaustive questions. Look at Question 4.
Submit the following information relating to your past and present directors, officers, and key employees:
- Provide a resume for each.
- Indicate the number of hours per month each individual has provided or is providing services to you.
- Provide a description of all the services each individual providesor has provided to you.
- Indicate the total compensation provided to each individual.
- Describe how each compensation package was determined.
- Indicate if any of your current and former officers, directors, and key employees are related to each other (include family and business relationships) and describe the nature of the relationship.
Question 16: Provide a list of all issues that are important to your organization. Indicare your position regarding each issue.
Question 28: Have you conducted rallies, educational events, discussion groups or similar events? For each event you have conducted:
- Indicate the date and location.
- Describe the nature of the event.
- Provide copies of all materials distributed with regards to the event.
- List all event revenue.
- List all event expenses.
Can you imagine 35 questions as involved as these?