An eye-opening new report by the Government Accountability Institute reveals that President Barack Obama averages just eight minutes more a week on economic meetings than the average dog owner spends walking their dog.
Here are some bullets I took out of the Key Findings from that PDF report.
- President Obama has spent less than 4 percent of his total time in economic meetings or briefings of any kind (assuming a six day, 10-hour workweek)
- President Obama has spent 412 hours (or forty-one 10-hour workdays) in economic meetings or briefings of any kind
- There were 773 days (72 percent), excluding Sundays, in which the President had no economic meetings
- Throughout his presidency, President Obama has spent an average of 138 minutes a week in economic meetings
- In 2012, President Obama has spent 24 total hours in economic meetings of any kind
Obama hasn’t had any kind of economic meetings in 90% of all the workdays in 2012. Some would say it is a good thing because it means less time he has conjuring up policies, regulations, and taxes that ruin this country.
Just think about it. When Obama WAS spending time on the economy, he came up with: Obamacare and stimulus.