ACT! for America Education performed a study of 38 6th-12th grade history books. From their research, they have come to the conclusion that these textbooks are laced with “historical revisionism”.
Here is a summary of the inaccuracies they bring up in their report:
- Jihad is either omitted, incorrectly defined, or understated.
- Blaming Israel for Palestine refugee problem.
- Blaming Israeli-Palestinian conflict for most terrorist groups.
- Muhammad’s characted is elevated.
- Claiming that Islam has a history of tolerance towards Jews and Christians.
- Islamic slave trade is downplayed.
- Muslim conquest and imperialism is downplayed.
- Misrepresenting Shari’a Law
- Revisionist details of the creation of Israel.
- Omission of the fact that Arabs declined the offer of an independent Arab State Palestine (1947).
Quote from the Report:
“Rarely are the terrorists identified as Muslims, and the jihadist motivations for their actions are omitted. Omitting these two critical facts leaves students with an incomplete, and thus inaccurate, understanding as to why 9/11 happened.”