Here is the synopsis of a study performed by the Pew Research Center
- 24 million voter-registration records are inaccurate, out-of-date or duplicates.
- 1.8 million dead.
- Our system is outmoded, expensive and error-prone
- In Wood County, Ohio, there are 106% as many registered voters as there were people in the 2010 Census.
- The motor voter law made it more difficult to remove someone.
- To be removed, officials need to receive a death certificate, written confirmation of having moved, or miss two presidential elections.
First, they say this does not necessarily correlate to voter fraud — even though that would be the first thing I worry about. Second, this leads to a lot of wasted money on mailings and extra paper ballots.