I came across this video by Peter Schiff of ‘The Schiff Report’. His SOTU was fantastic but it was 14 minutes long. So let me give you the best parts of it.
These are some of the best parts snippet by snippet.
SCHIFF: Well last night the President delivered the traditional State of the Union. This is his last one before the 2012 Elections and certainly the Union that he was describing was not the United States — at least not the realistic version. Maybe the fantasy that lives somwhere in the President’s mind.
For his hour long speech, he barely even touched on the real threats plaguing our nation.
Did he talk about the debt? Nooo!
What did the President talk about?
- He talked about creating new government agencies hiring more bureaucrats when we cannot even pay the salaries for the ones we already have.
- He talked about new ways for the Federal Government to spend money.
- Not once did he warn that we were broke, that we have to dramatically cut back on government spending to head off a financial crisis, this sovereign debt crisis.
- Not once did he bring up the problems in Europe and how those problems are a warning sign for things to come here in America and we better heed that warning and do something
- He didn’t call on sacrifice on anybody … oh except the 1%, or the 1% of the 1% that he wants to raise taxes on.
If businesses aren’t creating jobs, it is because the government is making it unprofitable for them to do so. The fact that so many companies are outsourcing is a function of the US government making it too expensive to hire Americans…. Why don’t we repeal rules and regulations, lower taxes, and a lot of these regulations lead to excessive litigation? If we could reduce the cost of hiring Americans then a lot more Americans are going to get jobs.