Trump at Gettysburg may have been his most serious speech throughout the entirety of his campaign.
Starting his speech, Trump lamented the current state of the American political system.
“We are a very divided nation,” he said, looking genuinely sad. “I am not a politician and never wanted to be a politician, but when I saw the trouble our country was in, I knew I couldn’t stand by and watch any longer. Our country has been so good to me, and I felt I had to act.
“I’ve seen the system up close and personal for many years. I’ve been a major part of it, I know how the game works in Washington and Wall Street. I know how the rules are rigged every day against Americans.”
One of the biggest problems, he said, is voter fraud and the refusal of the media to recognize it, along with any poll that shows Trump ahead in the polls.
To an enthusiastic crowd, Trump outlined his ten-point plan to Make America Great Again. He called it a contract between himself and the American people. Here are a few of the acts he plans to implement within the first 100 days of his administration.
- Push a constitutional amendment for term limits for members of Congress.
- A hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition, exempting military public safety and public health.
- A permanent Ban on members of the Executive administration from ever becoming political lobbyists.
- Eliminating two federal regulations for every one passed.
- Repeal the “Obamacare Disaster” and provide relief to American families.
- Impose tough tariffs on foreign imports to keep American companies from moving overseas.
- Immediately open up energy production to jumpstart our economy.
- Appoint judges who will strictly uphold the Constitution.
- Immediately begin renegotiating NAFTA to make it a better deal.
Trump made a point of saying he would not approve the Time Warner-AT&T merger deal, arguing it would be too much consolidation in an already limited media market.
Trump also said he’d cancel “every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by Barack Obama, cancel funding for sanctuary cities, remove all of the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country. “These are our drug dealers, gang heads, gang members, killers, and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back.”
Sounds like a great start to sending this country back in the right direction.