Georgia: White Marine Beaten to Death By Four Black Men

I mourn for his family.

What a travesty. A brave marine, Zachary Gamble of Georgia, who served two tours in Iraq got into an altercation with four men in a parking lot. He paid with his life.

This isn’t recent. This occurred March 25, 2012. Whi is this story relevant today? Because it occurred less than a month after the Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin (Feb 26, 2012) incident. Do you have any clues as to why the media chose to go all in on the Zimmerman-Martin story as opposed to this one involving an American hero?

Here is a picture of the four suspects.

I mourn for his family.

From Daily Mail:

Police have arrested four suspects in connection with the beating death of a former U.S. Marine who was found unconscious outside of a party at a Cobb County, Georgia, apartment complex in March.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Arthur Batchelor, 37, Tarell Secrest, 36, and Jason Hill, 35, were taken into custody on Tuesday for allegedly killing 34-year-old Zachary ‘Zach’ Gamble. Another suspect, 38-year-old Sean Hall, of Atlanta, was arrested on Monday.

Hall is also accused of violating his probation stemming from a DUI conviction in 2009, according to the Marietta Daily Journal.

All four suspects have been charged with felony murder, aggravated assault and aggravated battery. They are being held without bail in the Cobb County Adult Detention Center, police say.

On Tuesday, the victim’s mother, Tina Robbins, told the Marietta Daily Journal that she was ‘elated’ that arrests have been made in her son’s killing.

Gamble, of Acworth, Georgia, was attending a friend’s birthday party in the Concord Chase Apartments near Smyrna on March 25 when he got into an altercation with a group of men in the parking lot, according to investigators.

Police would not explain what happened next, only saying that they received a call from a taxi driver at 6am who reported having struck Gamble.

When officers arrived on the scene, the 34-year-old man was discovered unconscious on the ground. Police, however, believe Gamble’s fatal injuries did not stem from being hit by a vehicle.

Gamble was taken to Wellstar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, where he was removed off life support on April 8 without ever regaining consciousness.

While Gamble’s autopsy results have not been made public, the victim’s relatives have said that Gamble died from severe head trauma.

Gamble, who served two tours of duty in Iraq between 2001 and 2005, is survived by his 7-year-old son, Luke.

Here is a more recent picture of Gamble and his son Luke.

I mourn for his family.