Obama Compares Campaign Volunteers to Fallen Embassy Staff
Obama compares his campaign volunteers to our fallen embassy staff and troops overseas.
From Washington Examiner:
“And obviously [our] hearts are broken for the families but I wanted to encourage those folks at the State Dept. that they were making a difference,” Obama told volunteer leaders in Las Vegas, according to the pool report. “The sacrifices that our troops and our diplomats make are obviously very different from the challenges that we face here domestically but like them, you guys are Americans who sense that we can do better than we’re doing….I’m just really proud of you.”
“I had a chance to go to the State Dept. to comfort some of the friends and co-workers of the the folks who had fallen and I reminded them that as hard as things are sometimes, as difficult as change is that if we’re resolute, if we don’t give up, if we don’t give in, if we don’t become cynical, if we continue to be realistic about how hard change is but also keep in our hearts that sense of idealism and sense of purpose then over time good things happen,”
Obama also added that he is having a "tough week". Poor guy. Let’s recap.
- Obama blamed Americans for the terrorist act. [link]
- Word came out that Obama is skipping more than half of his intelligence meetings. [link]
- Parents of Fallen SEAL has called Obama’s adminstration criminal. [link]
- America Was Downgraded in our Global Competitive Index to #7 from #1 when Obama was elected. [link]
- Obama asks for campaign volunteers as his first tweet of 9/11. [link]
- The media was caught conspiring against Romney. [link]
- University of Colorado predicts Obama will lose in a landslide, 320-218. [link]