Top Ten Reasons Why Obamacare Will Be Disastrous [Click to see]
Deloitte Center for Health Solutions conducted a survey of 501 practicing physicians.
Here is what they said of the unintended consequences of Obamacare:
- Increase demand for medical care.
- Fewer Doctors because of lower pay.
- Regulations will burden the doctors that do work.
- Care will be restricted.
- Fewer hospitals.
- Waiting times at ERs will grow.
- Increasingly harder to get appointments.
- Nurse practitioners and para-medical providers will be taking over a lot of your health.
- Best and brightest will avoid medical profession.
- Older doctors more likely to retire than deal with regulations.
- 41% of doctors will stop taking medicare patients altogether.
This matches other studies. For example, Fairfield County Medical Association, said that they estimated 41% of doctors would stop taking new medicare patients.
ObamaCare, if it is enacted in all of its grotesque manifestations, will guarantee higher health care costs (direct and indirect), reduce incentives for physicians to practice medicine, reduce the supply of health care services, and increase the demand for that dwindling supply. None of it makes financial sense, either, as it is not driven by market incentives (profits) but by political expediency and social policy. The best thing that can be said about ObamaCare, if implemented, is that it won’t last long. Using the politically correct term, ObamaCare won’t be “sustainable.” In the meantime, don’t get sick. (source)